So you're eating for two now - or at least as soon as the queasies ware off. You know that a diet consisting of Cheetos, pizza and pickles wrapped in cream cheese wrapped in ham (don't question a pregnant woman's cravings) is not good for you or your growing baby. But sometimes hunger strikes and you just need someone that's fast and filling. The occasional bowl of chips is ok, but for the most part, moms-to-be need to make healthy choices. To contribute to your baby's growth and development, here are some nutrition-packed treats:
- High fiber cereal, milk and berries (save $0.75 on whole-grain Total cereal)
- Apple with cheese.
- Baked potato with plain, Greek yogurt instead of butter or sour cream. (save $0.50 on Yoplait Greek Yogurt).
- Whole grain english muffin topped with honey and fruit.
- Carrots dipped in low fat sour cream blended with your favorite dip mix.
- Oatmeal and rasins. Avoid instant oatmeal that's packed with preservatives. (save $1 on McCann's Irish Oatmeal).