Confession: On very special occasions, like after my birthday, I wake up the next morning and eat a slice of chocolate cake for breakfast. I always feel immediately guilty afterward, but lately I've begun to think, why all the guilt? The Europeans have been incorporating chocolate into their breakfasts for years. Nutella over bread or with fruit is a perfect example, and yet, you hardly ever see chocolate served in this country outside of desserts. Why is it Americans can't seem to fully embrace the idea of chocolate for breakfast?
Well, it seems Philadelphia cream cheese has the same question, only they're doing something about it! Introducing, Indulgence Cream Spread (emphasis on the "indulgence") -- a creamy spread that combines America's favorite breakfast spread, cream cheese, with chocolate for a decadent way to enjoy breakfast.
If you're a traditionalist and just can't get behind the idea of sugary eats in the morning, then just add bacon! I mean, if we're going to be talking about chocolate for breakfast, we might as well go all out, right? This delicious recipe calls for dates stuffed with Philadelphia Indulgence Cream Spread and wrapped in, you guessed it, bacon! Make these tasty bites for your mom on Mother's Day... or on any day, for that matter.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Medjool or other large dates
- Kraft Philadelphia Milk Chocolate Indulgence spread (Save 55 cents with this coupon)
- Preheat broiler or grill
- Cut strips of bacon in half
- Pit dates if necessary; slit open one side with small knife and remove seed
- Fill date with cream cheese spread; approximately 1/2 tsp per date
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each date; adhering with toothpick
- Broil or grill on high until bacon is crisp, approximately 1 minute per side
- Serve immediately
So, go ahead and indulge!